Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Little Pick Me Up



My life is currently in shambles. I feel brain-dead, don't have a voice, and have no idea how I'm going to get any work done. I'm not trying to complain. I just bring it up because it proves the point that music is the best drug known to man. As shitty as I feel now, music can always pick me up. Here's some music from Robert Randolph who can always put a smile on your face. The way he twists and bends his notes and riffs is awe-inspiring. The rest of the band, along with the way Robert attacks the steel pedal guitar, aids in driving the funky soul music. There's a reason why people have compared Randolph to Jimi Hendrix and that he's toured with Eric Clapton. Here's a link to a blog where you can download a 2003 live performance. Definitely check it out; I went to see Randolph a couple years ago at the Roseland Ballroom. To this day, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Robert Randolph and the Family Band - March 3, 2003 Fox Theater, Boulder, Colorado

Also, I found this other song today. It's by Major Lazer and Santigold sings a little in it. It's real upbeat and a little weird. As you may know from my choice of music, a little quirkiness in music never deterred me. Here you go:

Hold The Line (Mr. Lexx & Santigold DJ Edit) - Major Lazer

No comments:

Post a Comment