Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beatles Mix Up

So I just finished an all-nighter writing a paper so I don't feel like writing too much. I haven't really given The Beatles enough credit so far. They influenced all types of music and anyone who says The Stones are a better band is extremely mistaken. I figure I'll introduce some remixes of some classic Beatles' songs.

First, here's a blog with remixes of "Elanor Rigby", "Taxman", and "With A Little Help From My Friends":

Beatles Remixes

This next blog has a remix of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club", as well as a bunch of other songs. I'd recommend "Lush Life (Cee-Lo Remix)" by Nat King Cole, "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys, and "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones.

Oldies Remixes

Continuing with the old school/new school mashup, here's a Fred Falke remix of a U2 song:

"Magnificent (Fred Falke Remix) - U2

Here's a pretty crazy (no pun intended) song called "Bonkers".

"Bonkers (Doorly Dubstep Remix) - Dizee Rascal & Armand Van Helden

Finally, this is a video of Bruce Sprinsteen and the E Street Band playing the song "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" at a concert in Boston just over a week ago. The song itself is good but the reason I'm posting it is that the band learned the song on the fly and played it in concert. A fan had a poster, which you see at the beginning of the video, which asked the band to play this song. Even though the band had never played it before, Bruce went through the first verse by himself to figure it out and then the band jumps in. I find it amazing that any band, even Bruce, could figure out a song onstage and go right into it. There's also a pretty good jam starting at 2:30. There's a keyboard solo which transitions into a Clarence Clemmons sax jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment